It has been a wonderful experience being able to discover a place just within the heart of the city where we can spend our summer without going anywhere.
Yes, this blogpost is for those who want to spend summer in tight budget and too lazy to travel.
Here’s why Mad Monkey Hostel is the perfect place for you and your friends to spend summer without going anywhere.
Mad Monkey Hostel is located just a few minutes away from Ayala Center Cebu, Mango Avenue and Colon Street. Located at 79 Echavez St,. Cebu City, Philippines 6000, you get to save a lot of time traveling anywhere you are in the City.
Mad Monkey Experience
To be honest, I did not expect that this place is actually this fun and amazing. I always pass by everytime i go back home from Ayala and I just ignore the place. I thought it was just a normal backpackers place but it is actually more than that (and more fun than anywhere else 😉).
Their pool is one-of-a-kind. It’s small but it’s not an ugly small, it’s very cute that it’s just enough for you to relax and have a panoramic view of the city while enjoying the drinks and the people having fun around you. The place gives so much positive vibes that will make you want to stay longer.
They also have a dedicated smoking area, an arcade and a mini playground (i told you it’s not boring here). I can say that this is one of those places within the vicinity where you can get along with other guests from different parts of the world.
I will highlight this part right here. These are the activities that you can do at Mad Monkey Hostel for your reference:
- Pub Quiz every Monday at 8:30 PM
- Games Olympics every Tuesday at 8:30 PM
- Wall Street Happy Hour every Tuesday at 1:00 PM
- UV Paint Party every Wednesday at 8:30 PM
- Pub Crawl every Thursday at 8:30 PM
- DJ Nights every Saturday at 8:30 PM
- Beer Pong Tournament every Sunday at 8:30 PM
Another place within the vicinity where you can mingle with other guests is their rooms. They have the dormitory-type rooms with up to 8 bunk beds that is good for 8 people in a very affordable price. They also has one bathroom per room with hot and cold shower and lockers to keep your valuables safe.
Check the room rates for your reference:
- Basic 8-Bed Dorm: Php 650 /head per night
- Basic 6-Bed Dorm: Php 700 /head per night
- Basic 4-Bed Dorm: Php 750 /head per night
- Basic 4-Bed Female Dorm: Php 800 /head per night
- Private Double: Php 1,800 per night, good for 2 people
- Twin Bunk: Php 1,600 per night, good for 2 people
- Private Triple: Php 2,400 per night, good for 3 people
Of course, your stay will not be complete without the foods. Good thing! Their foods are all amazing! I would definitely wanna go back and try each of the dishes. One thing I could say as well is that, there’s no need for you to worry about budget because even their foods and drinks are affordable.
How to get there?
There are two ways on how to get to Mad Monkey Hostel:
- From Ayala Center Cebu, you need to ride a 13C jeepney for php7. 00 fare. Just tell the driver to drop you off at Mad Monkey Hostel.
- From Colon Street, you need to ride a 62B or 62C jeepney route for php7.00. You can find this route at University of the Visayas. Just tell the drive to drop you off at Mad Monkey Hostel.
- Just tell the driver to drop you off at Mad Monkey Hostel or you can just select the location of the place using the applications upon booking.